Green Doctor - helping residents to stay warm and well, tackling energy bills during the cost of living crisis
Green Doctors offer free, impartial advice to help people take control of their bills, save energy in the home and access other services and initiatives available. We work with public and private partners to ensure support reaches those who need it most in local communities.
Our support is available to a wide range of people, many of whom are struggling for the first time so don’t be shy about reaching out for help. In the UK, changes to energy prices and ongoing financial pressures as a result of the cost of living crisis has left many people finding it hard to heat their homes. If you or someone you know are worried about energy and water bills, then we might be able to help.
Some of the reasons people ask for help are:
• struggling to pay energy bills
• finding it hard to manage fuel and water debt
• worrying about keeping warm or choosing between eating and heating
• feeling that the home is cold, damp or draughty
• Have a health condition affected by the cold such as respiratory problems and mental ill health.
Our support includes the installation of small energy saving measures such as draughtproofing and radiator foils, help with boiler and heating controls, smart meters, water meters, fuel and water debt, registration on suppliers Priority Services Register, grants, behavioural change advice, referrals for free gas safety checks and financial assistance where available.
The scheme is open to residents across Cheshire West and Chester with a focus on families and individuals who:
• have a low household income
• are living with debt
• are aged over 65
• are living with a health condition affected by the cold
• are living with mental illness
• are living with dementia
• have a disability
• are young people and families containing children under the age of 5
• are pregnant
• are in emergency accommodation
• are living in poor housing conditions.
To find out more about our service please visit www.groundwork.org.uk/greendoctor
Phone: 0330 1740 863