How we’re playing our part
The Council is committed to making changes across all our services to play our part to tackle the Climate Emergency and it is one of the Council’s seven key priorities, as set out in our Stronger Futures plan.
The objectives that underpin this priority include:
• Reducing the carbon footprint of the Council
• Support the decarbonisation of energy, industry and business
• Improve sustainable transport and infrastructure
• Enable low carbon buildings, homes and development
• Enhancing green spaces
• Reduce waste and increase recycling
As an organisation we have a target to be carbon neutral by 2030 and are leading by example to help the borough to be carbon neutral by 2045.
Below are some examples of the work we’ve done so far to help achieve this